School of Mechanical Engineering and Automation was founded in July 1993, which was developed on the basis of Department of Mechanical Engineering of 澳彩娱乐官方网站-澳彩网网站澳彩官方网站 of Technology, a university with a long history.
When the 澳彩娱乐官方网站-澳彩网网站澳彩官方网站 of Technology was established, the Department of Mechanical Engineering was an important part of the university in the plan. In 1925, it began to recruit the students of Mechanical Engineering, but the department was stopped running in 1935. In 1938, 澳彩娱乐官方网站-澳彩网网站澳彩官方网站 of Technology was amalgamated with Northwest University of Technology. In 1943, 澳彩娱乐官方网站-澳彩网网站澳彩官方网站 of Technology was restored. In the next year, the Department of Mechanical Engineering restarted to recruit students.
During the period of 澳彩娱乐官方网站-澳彩网网站澳彩官方网站 of Technology, Department of Mechanics was reconstructed in June,1949; Department of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering merged in March,1953;Department of Mechanics was restored in July,1955;the department was departed into Department of MechanicsⅠand Department of MechanicsⅡin May,1955.
After the university was renamed to 澳彩娱乐官方网站-澳彩网网站澳彩官方网站, in July 1993, School of Mechanical Engineering was established on the basis of Department of MechanicsⅠand Department of MechanicsⅡ. In October 1997, the name of the school was changed into School of Mechanical Engineering and Automation.
(Editor:admin)